Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ahhh, so thats what track feels like!

Tuesday marked the first time I had trained on the red stuff...well...in a long long time. Coming to think of it, the only time I have been on the tartan since Falls Creek is to race, which puts sword to the theory that you cant run PB's without trackwork - I've managed to run 4 seconds quicker this year over 1500m off just base work.


But something had to give, and finally, I had my date with a pair of spikes, a stopwatch, and 3 sets of 4 x 400m. The goal of the session was simple - recoveries would get longer by 15 seconds each set, reps had to get quicker by 1 second each set. 


However, the lack of workouts - or specific work for that type of session saw my target times and actual times a fair bit different - in fact, somehow the actual times were faster! Nevertheless, I have woken up the last couple of days wishing I could swap both of my gastrocnemius' with someone else.






Wednesday we set off from The Running Centre - well, the rest of the group set off without me, while I waited for ignorant, unashamedly terrible Perth motorists to find their place on the road. If I had a dollar for every time someone in Perth waited till the last possible moment to merge - and hold up a whole lane of freeway traffic, or sit at 80km/h in the right hand lane - I'd have enough money to travel the world twice over. So as I pulled in to park outside the 'Centre' - I saw the boys head off. Chasing them down with a 5 minute deficit was the last thing I really needed after the track workout, but it got me going, and finished off nicely in a new best time for the loop. 


And the reward for all this? Home cooked goats cheese, grilled tomato and pumpkin, chorizo and rocket pizza's courtesy of a wonderful young lady I call my girlfriend. I think I need to complain about my legs being sore more often!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fucking faggit. Sincerely fano