Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Insight

Being stuck inside on a stormy Sunday evening, I thought I'd finish my easy week of 120km with a map to give everyone at home the chance to see where we do some of our running. I'll endeavour to post maps of the long run and a few of the workouts as the weeks go on. 


This week it's the Wednesday 1hr30 run. Click on the map for a larger view.

We start at the residence of Jeff Hunt, and make our way around the border of Queens Park, before tacking onto the white railing at Centennial Park. After going around the lake, we head out of the park, and up ANZAC pde, before eventually looping around and making the crossing of death over to the Moore Park side, where we loop around to the SCG. We finally get back to Centennial Park, where we run around the outskirts back to Queens Park, up the hill, and then an extra lap for good measure.


Its taken a few weeks to get used to more volume and less speed on Wednesdays, however when running with a 2:11 guy you tend to clip along at a fair pace anyway. Finishing my Sunday 30k runs and watch Jeff head off for another half hour, moving around at 3m20km pace leaves me wondering just how fit I need to get some times. As a very wise Wombat often told me, patience is paramount. 

No comments: