Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hay's in the Barn Pre

Sitting in on a Saturday night doesn't usually take much effort, unless you are watching a West Coast game. I've been trying to follow the boys since I've been here, but with the back pages devoted to Rugby League, its a bit tough at times. Watching the Eagles go down twice in two weeks in very close games has been pretty frustrating, especially waiting till 11pm to watch them on Sydney TV!


The last couple of weeks have been tough, tiring, and seemed like they'd never end, but finally, we're here. A couple of big weeks of mileage, hard sessions and day in day out running, and I feel like I'm ready to roll. This mornings session actually felt like raceday, lining up for a fartlek with Roff, Hunt, Chinny, Nipper, Bart and Yugi. The grass was freshly cut in the park, the sun was shining, and as my old training partner Shaph would say, it felt like Grand Final day. As we moved around from rest to recovery, it felt comforting to know that I was in the company of some pretty elite guys, and to be able to hold my own is a sign that improvements are coming.


I also began doing something that I should have started 3 months ago. Ice baths. I started with the feet in a bucket today, and putting them in icey water from the freezer wasn't as soothing as I had hoped it would be. Im sure next time I annoy Gem, she'll pull the video out and put me to shame. It certainly reminds me how stupid we are up at Falls, sitting in the aqueducts. Fingers crossed, the short term pain will lead to long term gain!

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

sure is by the sounds. way to go!!!